<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Nero 6 Ultra Edition fails on older CD-burners

Nero 6 Ultra Edition fails on older CD-burners

I have to admit that I'm one of the ahead-maniacs, I used Nero ever since I bought my first CD-burner. And I just installed their great, so full-of-features and wizard-richt, Nero 6 Ultra Edition. This masterpiece of lagging software will hopefully go down in the books as the worst burning suite ever. To make a long story short: If you still have an older drive you should forget about the latest Nero.
The Ultra Edition only seems to work with ultra-fast drives as it committed data suicide using my Lite-On (12x) and my Plextor (24x) burner.
Don't get me wrong, I still use Nero, the one that came with my Lite-On. And it burns, and burns, and burns...

Sometimes I feel companies should stop publishing updates and new versions of software that does its job. It comes down to "never touch a running system" once again. amen.