<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

Extreme Games Squad Championship 2 (EGSC 2)

Extreme Games Squad Championship 2 (EGSC2)

Sadly, I don't get to play any games besides my weekly SubSpace / Continuum capture the flag massacre with my brother. I'm so used to playing every Sunday morning now, been doing it for over 4 years without any real breaks in between... I guess "addiction" aint the right word for my SubSpace trauma anymore ;)

Especially in Extreme Games there is lots of heat and hate (as always):
EGSC 2 is nearing semi finals and the games look promising. With 3 of the powerhouse squadrons (Blood, RisinBlood, Mutiny) and 1 underdog (Downshift) I hope to see some interesting matches - especially since semi finals and finals will be best of 3!!

Semis look like this with regular season results in brackets:

Blood (5-0-0) - Downshift (4-0-1)
RisinBlood (4-0-1) - Mutiny (4-1)

Last week Blood slaughtered Zen (which btw had a roster of 60+ players) and therefore eliminated one of the "big 4".

Blood is playing a very solid defense in this league, I guess if "defense wins championships" becomes true they will pull it off. They dominated the Zen match even when they did not have all of their starters, but their second row is just as good.

RisinBlood has a stronger roster than ever before with new skilled player showing up and with the experience of oldschool players like sly, fc and sui chai.

Mutiny is a little bit behind my expectations. They lost some of their key players so they are forced to schedule at a GREAT time if they want to make finals. They better have all 10 starters online in semis...

Downshift is clearly the underdog with barely any names sticking out; autopilot is a decent player and great front anchor but that's about it. If they should make it, it will be because these newbies (DS, forgive me) practiced a lot and truely play as a team.

I will be able to watch ALL egsc games LIVE thanks to my brother who arranged to stream it on our LAN - hold your breath for some serious flagging ;)

Comments:
EGSC1 final was risin vs. mut which was uber close (2-1). this years final will be blood vs. risin! GO YANKEES!
 
Post a Comment