<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Guild Wars E3 Demo Download

Guild Wars E3 Demo Download

After I gave up playing Diablo 2 for the 98th time after its release last months it's time for a new sparetime-player-friendly click-and-point wanna-be MMORPG. And no, this is no real online role playing of course... my guess is that it will be somewhere between Diablo and World of Warcraft - it's more or less the old but successful action-based fantasy slaughter fest. All online - all free!! As you can read in various interviews and the Guild Wars FAQ, this game model tries to stand a chance without pay2play. After all, it just might be "my" type of game - login, play, logout. Parties and Guilds, Questing, Character Control and the obvious Skill System: It's all right there and it is easy to use.

The actual "demo" you can download from the Guild Wars webserver is just 62kb. It is a nice installer without anything fancy. I didn't like that at first - since "web installation" is just too fresh for my old mind - but at least their servers are fast (up to 140kb/s):


Overall it's a promising game and I'll keep an eye on it (did I mention its not P2P yet?!?).

Comments:
lmao Ranger: SAME THOUGHTS!
but they should fix the spells, they suck :(
and if they make it more arcadish it will be pacman, haw haw
 
Post a Comment